The NYPost’s Claire Atkinson writes about the challenges and opportunities ahead for ABC which has seen the revolving door spinning for top execs as both ABC News president David Westin and EVP of marketing Mike Benson announced their departure last week.
One person familiar with [Disney CEO Bob] Iger’s thinking said, “Their concern with ABC News was not just about cost, but about [former chief] David [Westin]. He was not getting what was required for the next wave of ratings. They needed someone who was much more agile and cost was only one piece of it.”
Says Disney/ABC spokesman Kevin Brockman, “The New York Post story is unequivocally untrue.”
• Earlier: David Westin to Resign From ABC News
- Changes at 'Nightline' as Dan Abrams Exits, Byron Pitts Steps In
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- How ABC's Jim Avila Broke the News of the Release of Alan Gross
- CNN Looking to air 'Political Jeopardy!' ... and Other News From Hacked Sony Emails