On day three of the new “Nightline” time, the show placed first across all the target demos. It was the first win among A18-49 viewers, which is the key late night demographic, in the 12:35amET timeslot.
ABC’s wins in the A25-54 and A18-49 demographics were the largest margins over NBC and CBS yet for the show at 12:35amET. Year-over-year gains were strong, too: compared to ABC’s performance in the same timeslot last year, “Nightline” was up +28% in Total Viewers, +31% in the A25-54 demographic and +41% in the A18-49 demographic.
ABC’s ratings are based on a 30-minute broadcast, while CBS and NBC are based on approximately :50 minutes (prior to the final national commercial break of each program).
- Averages for 12:35am January 11, 2013:
Show Network Total Viewers A25-54 A18-49 Nightline ABC 1.950M 992K 751K Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson CBS 1.534M 669K 510K Late Night with Jimmy Fallon NBC 1.472M 651K 572K
- Robin Roberts Writing Memoir
- ABC's 'This Week' Moving Out of the Newseum, Al Jazeera America Moving In
- Broadcasters Plan Extended Evening Newscasts, Special Coverage Of Tornado Aftermath
- Memorable Moments From This Morning's Tornado Coverage