Santelli to Liesman: ‘Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is.’ Liesman: ‘You Have Everything Wrong, Rick’
And you thought Charlie Gasparino jumping from CNBC to FBN would make CNBC one big happy family? Think again.
“I’m not arguing,” said Santelli to co-anchor Becky Quick, “and Steve has no idea, and I’m just trying to point to facts.” Then it got interesting.
Liesman: Rick, you’ve lost enough people enough money by now.
Santelli: Why don’t we put that to a referendum. Let’s put it on our website right now. Who lost you more money, Steve Liesman or Rick Santelli. Put your money where your mouth is.
Liesman: Rick you argued interest rates would be higher, you argued for the crash of the dollar, Rick. Rick, you had everything wrong, Rick. There wasn’t a single thing you had right.
Santelli: Jobs, jobs, jobs. I talked about the credit crisis.
Liesman: You were wrong… you said the credit crisis was nothing. I’ll pull the tapes.
Santelli: Okay. You pull the tapes Steve Liesman.
Liesman: You were wrong about everything.
Quick, who sat arms folded, jumped in: “Alright. Alright, alight! Enough!”
• For the best of the Rick & Steve show, click here…
- CNBC's 'American Greed' Leads to Fugitive Capture
- Why Biz Network Ratings Continue to Slide
- The Biz Ticker: Brennan, Survey Says, Bloomberg
- Maria Bartiromo Signs Off: 'After 20+ Amazing Years I Will Be Moving on to My Next Chapter'