During Studio B Shepard Smith promoted the special as only he could. “It’s Glenn Beck Friday — details of the event of the new millennium coming through this hour, we wait with bated breath,” he said to start the show.
Later in the hour: “Glenn Beck will be live with us from his Fear Chamber. I’ve seen that. I don’t know what it is, like I said, I watch, I don’t listen, but it scores in ratings either way.” Indeed, it does. Last night, Beck’s was the the second most-watched show on Fox News in the A25-54 demo.
When FOX News Sunday anchor Chris Wallace joined Shep, Wallace said, “You seem upset by Glenn Beck Friday…I sensed an undercurrent of begrudging.”
“He is the greatest star of all time!,” Shep shot back. “We have the 12 principles, and the 9 things, and the Fear Chamber and the whole darn thing.”
Then Beck (who clarified he was in fact live from the Doom Room) came on to close out Studio B. “It’s stunning to finally realize I’m not alone,” said Smith.
• Related: The Huffington Post’s Danny Shea reports a Beck repeat will begin airing at 2amET next week, replacing Special Report. Beck’s 5pmET show regularly beats the 6pmET Special Report in Total Viewers and the A25-54 demo.
- Former CNN, CNBC, and Fox News Business Anchor Terry Keenan Dies, at 53
- Ebola Arrives in New York; Cable News Clears the Decks for Rolling Coverage
- Geraldo Rivera: The 'Real Threat' Comes From 'The Great White North'
- 'I'm Trying to Think of a Stronger Word Than Atrocious'