The “Fox Mole,” Joe Muto has an excerpt in Salon from his new book chronicling life at the cable news channel. Muto, who pleaded guilty earlier this month to misdemeanor attempted theft and computer tampering charges over his Gawker posts, reveals some new factoids about life at “The O’Reilly Factor.” Three takeaways:
- Bill O’Reilly effectively “writes” the entire show during the car ride from his home to the studio, transcribed by staffers in the office.
- O’Reilly takes the viewer email segment very seriously, although on one occasion a prank name “Jack MeHoff” led to a humorous end result.
- O’Reilly really looked forward to when the ratings would come in after 4 PM, “like a kid on Christmas Eve.”
- How Juan Williams Landed His Nelson Mandela Interview
- Rupert Murdoch Stops By 'The Five'
- Cable Network Ranker: Week of December 2
- The Scoreboard: Saturday, December 7