The “Fox Mole,” Joe Muto has an excerpt in Salon from his new book chronicling life at the cable news channel. Muto, who pleaded guilty earlier this month to misdemeanor attempted theft and computer tampering charges over his Gawker posts, reveals some new factoids about life at “The O’Reilly Factor.” Three takeaways:
- Bill O’Reilly effectively “writes” the entire show during the car ride from his home to the studio, transcribed by staffers in the office.
- O’Reilly takes the viewer email segment very seriously, although on one occasion a prank name “Jack MeHoff” led to a humorous end result.
- O’Reilly really looked forward to when the ratings would come in after 4 PM, “like a kid on Christmas Eve.”
- FNC Correspondent Jonathan Hunt Becomes U.S. Citizen
- Bill O’Reilly Teaches Jimmy Fallon About General Patton
- Geraldo to Haters: 'I'm Turning Your Posts Over to Fox News and Facebook Authorities'
- 5 Questions With... Mike Tobin, Reporting Live from Ferguson