By Chris Ariens on July 25, 2012 1:54 PM
- The first Olympic competition took place this morning, two days before the Opening Ceremony. Women’s soccer preliminaries aired on MSNBC with Great Britain beating New Zealand, 1-0. Also today, the USA women beat France, 4-2.
- TVSpy reports NBC News and NBC’s 10 owned TV stations are joining forces for the social games, curating the best content from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more. This first-of-its-kind project leverages the resources from both NBCU divisions.
- The A.M. Ticker: Mukpo, Asprea, Mankiewicz
- The Ticker: BBC America, Costello, Al Jazeera
- The Ticker: Vargas, Mukpo, Sexton, Warren
- The Evening Ticker: CBS in Syria; New Hires at Bloomberg, Fusion