In Part III of this week’s Media Beat interview, MacNeil-Lehrer Productions CEO Simon Marks talks about the new PBS Newshour: “We wanted the program to look a little bit more engaging, to give it added impact.” Marks also talks about his time with Fox News Channel as a contributing correspondent which included “co-anchoring with Brit Hume and Catherine Crier the funeral of Princess Diana.”
- Part I, Monday: How Technology Changes How the World is Covered
- Part II, Tuesday: Simon Marks on “Doing more with Less”
- Miles O'Brien's Report from Japan Airs Tonight
- After Freak Accident, Miles O'Brien Has Arm Amputated
- Where Do NFL Stars Who Don't Make it to the Super Bowl Watch the Big Game?
- Gwen Ifill: Media 'Lost Sight of the Bigger Picture' During Mandela Coverage