In Part III of this week’s Media Beat interview, MacNeil-Lehrer Productions CEO Simon Marks talks about the new PBS Newshour: “We wanted the program to look a little bit more engaging, to give it added impact.” Marks also talks about his time with Fox News Channel as a contributing correspondent which included “co-anchoring with Brit Hume and Catherine Crier the funeral of Princess Diana.”
- Part I, Monday: How Technology Changes How the World is Covered
- Part II, Tuesday: Simon Marks on “Doing more with Less”
- Ken Burns On How To Make History 'Not Homework'
- Gwen Ifill, Judy Woodruff & Jim Lehrer on 'Core Values,' New 'Faces' at PBS NewsHour
- Would Jim Lehrer Moderate Another Debate? 'No, No, No, A Thousand Times, No'
- 'Frontline' Gets New Funding to Expand Investigative Reporting