- Miami Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen was suspended by the team today for positive comments he made about Cuban leader Fidel Castro. As expected, his comments were carried on the local Miami stations, as well as the national sports networks. CNN also carried the presser live, but had to cut away when Guillen started speaking in Spanish. CNN would eventually come back to Guillen’s comments after getting them interpreted. Among the local stations, only the CBS affiliate had a Spanish interpreter, while on ESPN an ESPN Deportes anchor interpreted Guillen’s comments live.
- Tonight MLB Network launches a new digital channel, MLB Strike Zone. Strike Zone, not unlike the NFL Redzone channel, will offer live look-ins during key moments in games, as well as highlights, on Tuesday and Friday nights during the regular season.
- Tomorrow Magic/Bird opens on Broadway. The Broadway play follows the unlikely friendship of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. The play also features media personalities as a key plot point. Read more on FishbowlNY here.
- James Brown: 'I Challenge the NFL Community and All Men' to Confront Domestic Violence
- With Ray Rice News, James Brown and Scott Pelley Kick-Off Thursday Night Football
- Tim Tebow Joins 'Good Morning America' as Contributor
- Roger Goodell: 'I Don't Know How TMZ or Any Other Website Gets Their Information'