- One of the most prestigious accolades in publishing is the National Book Awards, and this year there is a TV news twist. As our sister blog GalleyCat notes, the winners of this year’s National Book Awards will be announced on “Morning Joe” October 10.
- The always shy and subdued Piers Morgan decided to come out of his shell last night, taking credit for Mitt Romney’s performance at the debate, and recommending that President Obama should come on “PMT” to hone his skills for the next one:
- The Morning Ticker: Just Move, Roberts Threat, 'The' Palin
- The Ticker: CNN's Simulcast, Bolton's Audience, Tower's Retirement
- The Morning Ticker: Playing Peter, Signing Erin, Hiring Fusion
- The Digital Ticker: CNBC/Apple TV, CNNPolitics.com, '30 in 30'