• The LATimes’ Matea Gold writes about the high price Dan Rather is paying in his ongoing lawsuit against CBS. Says “60 Minutes” EP Jeff Fager: “It’s like he is in some paranoid nightmare where everybody is out to get him. I can’t for the life of me understand why he’s doing this, how he could turn such a storied career into this train wreck,” Fager tells Gold.
• The NYTimes’ Brian Stelter writes about how Don Imus might fit in at Fox Business Network. “This is a characteristically genius move for Roger Ailes,” said Bob Sherman, a friend of Mr. Imus’s and one of his former bosses. “He can now bank the network’s marketing dollars.” Stelter also writes “the deal is incomplete and could fall apart,” acccording to people close to the talks.
• The AP’s David Bauder adds up Fox News Channel’s gains during an uncharacteristically news-filled summer which has given a boost to Fox News led by its #1 show, “The O’Reilly Factor.” Eric Burns the former host of “Fox News Watch” says its all about FNC’s base. “It has been in existence for 13 years. It knows its base. And it knows its base is bigger than CNN or MSNBC.” Burns says the brand loyalty “exceeds the loyalty, I’ll bet, to any other network except maybe ESPN to sports fans.”
- NABJ President Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Black People Happen to Be Reporters'
- Former ‘Friends’ on Sony Email Scandal
- In 2014, Canadian Media Ran 229% More Weather Stories Than Other Countries
- Australian 'Today' Anchor's Same-Suit Stunt Boosts Ratings