• Broadcasting & Cable’s Marisa Guthrie reports Fox News is expanding its partnership with the web site The Palestra, a student reporter site with 200 college affiliates. The site relaunches next week as Palestra.net, and will include daily news updates available to mobile phone users.
Some reporters for the site have been offspring of tvnewsers — Peter Doocy (son of FNC’s Steve Doocy) and Stephan Holt (son of NBC’s Lester Holt) have contributed reports. (pictured is Palestra correspondent Tiffany Wilson)
• Howard Kurtz profiles NBC political director Chuck Todd in today’s Washington Post. “For political junkies, Todd has become all but inescapable,” writes Kurtz of the previously out-of-the-limelight personality.
Tim Russert, who hired Todd says, “The secret to his success is he understands politics and can explain it. Our platforms are 24/7, and someone has to man the platforms.”
• TV Week’s Michele Greppi reveals the results of the yearly poll of Sunday morning news show bookers. Topping the biggest get category? Democratic nominees Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.
Other category winners are Sen. John McCain (“star of the green room”), Rudy Giuliani (“highest maintenance”) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (“easiest to deal with”).
- Chris Jansing's Interview with Senator, Doctor, Possible Presidential Contender Rand Paul
- Justice Department Opens Criminal Investigation Into James Foley Execution
- Greta Van Susteren Has Advice for Pres. Obama Following Foley Statement
- Obama: James Foley Execution 'Shocks the Conscience of the Entire World'