• Soledad O’Brien: “Working mothers will absolutely be watching her to see the decisions she’ll make. She epitomizes the modern mom-a woman who is well educated and had an important job-and yet she is making that choice to step away from full-time work to be home with her girls because her husband is going to be president of the United States.”
• Barbara Walters: “All First Ladies are encouraged to have a platform. Michelle Obama has made it very clear her daughters will be her first priority.”
• Rene Syler: “When I was a cub reporter and didn’t have children, I’d look at the women in the office that were making sacrifices for their families and think, ‘You’re selling yourself short. Why would you do that?’ I didn’t understand. It’s my hope that she stands up there as the ‘Mom-in-Chief’ and says, ‘Listen, I’m doing this for my family’ and people like me 20 years ago say, ‘Oh, I get it.’”
- Pres. Obama Calls on 'Big Cheese' Chuck Todd First, In Todd's Last Briefing for NBC News
- C-SPAN Gearing Up for Midterm Elections
- James Foley's Brother: More Could've Been Done 'Directly on Jim's Behalf'
- Did Obama White House Get Initial Insight on Ferguson From Al Sharpton?