She may be on vacation, but Katie Couric is not letting her Twitter followers down as she’s been keeping up with her daily #WOTD Tweet. On Monday, as speculation heightened that Couric would be leaving the Evening News when her contract expires in a couple months, we put up a poll asking: Who should be the next Evening News anchor? The poll is still open so feel free to vote if you haven’t already.
- Who’s in the lead? And what about the “other” write-ins?
NBC’s Lester Holt, who anchors Weekend Today and Weekend Nightly News is leading the the pack with 28% of the vote. The next highest vote getter is “other.” And among the others you’ve written in: former CBS “Early Show” anchor Harry Smith, who is Couric’s primary fill-in (though not this week) is on top. Other names submitted include FNC’s Megyn Kelly, ABC’s David Muir CNN’s Anderson Cooper and FNC’s Shepard Smith.
- Best of Behind the TV Scenes: Nash, Xu, O'Hearn, Capus, Schreier
- '48 Hours' Gives True Crime Junkies Their Fix
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: 'These Activities Must be Condemned and Stopped'
- Riccie Johnson, Making '60 Minutes' Look Good Since 1968