She may be on vacation, but Katie Couric is not letting her Twitter followers down as she’s been keeping up with her daily #WOTD Tweet. On Monday, as speculation heightened that Couric would be leaving the Evening News when her contract expires in a couple months, we put up a poll asking: Who should be the next Evening News anchor? The poll is still open so feel free to vote if you haven’t already.
- Who’s in the lead? And what about the “other” write-ins?
NBC’s Lester Holt, who anchors Weekend Today and Weekend Nightly News is leading the the pack with 28% of the vote. The next highest vote getter is “other.” And among the others you’ve written in: former CBS “Early Show” anchor Harry Smith, who is Couric’s primary fill-in (though not this week) is on top. Other names submitted include FNC’s Megyn Kelly, ABC’s David Muir CNN’s Anderson Cooper and FNC’s Shepard Smith.
- Lisa Myers Agrees With Sharyl Attkisson: Media Less Eager to Hold Obama Admin Accountable
- Robert Redford to Play Dan Rather in 'Rathergate' Film
- After Joan Rivers Walks Out On CNN, David Letterman Walks Out on Joan Rivers
- 'CBS This Morning' EP: Facebook Perfect Complement to Our BuzzFeed Partnership