To the amusement of some and eye-rolling of others, animals and social media are a match made in puppy love heaven, with star pooches, rabbits, cats, and the like often racking up more followers and buzz than their human counterparts.
To wit: this infographic created by Peter Brown on behalf of Edgemere equestrian supplies shop, which takes a look at animals’ domination of social networks and why it’s happening.
Maybe there’s something we can actually learn from social media-active animals: keep your tweets short, to-the-point, and adorable.
If you can stand it, here are 13 animals with Twitter accounts worth a follow.
· Cookie Frankel (@cookiedabooboo): Bethenny Frankel’s pup, with more than 26,000 followers.
Answering emails and reading the newspaper. How is your day? http://t.co/6iRgNhcQHx
— Cookie Frankel (@cookiedabooboo) May 7, 2013
Cuddle time with Mommy. This is the best. http://t.co/K8oxGKXOre
— Cookie Frankel (@cookiedabooboo) March 19, 2013
· Oprah Winfree (@OprahTheDog): 50 cent’s fairly inactive dog, with a must-see Twitter profile background.
— Oprah Winfree (@OprahTheDog) July 6, 2012
My dad @50cent is gonna put out a new song of HIS today! It's one of my favs! I'm running in circles I'm so excited!!!
— Oprah Winfree (@OprahTheDog) June 28, 2012
· Bronx Zoo’s Cobra (@BronxZoosCobra): An Egyptian cobra who at one point escaped from the Bronx Zoo, now safely back in his home.
Can someone pick me up a jelly-filled donut for National Donut Day? Actually, instead of jelly make it mice-filled. Dunkin' have those?
— Bronx Zoo's Cobra (@BronxZoosCobra) June 7, 2013
· Mikey (@Mikeythebrat): Hilariously sarcastic German shepherd in Vancouver who refers to his owner as “the ignorant biped.”
Just because German Shepherds will one day overthrow ignorant bipeds & rule the world doesnt mean we're all assholes http://t.co/Kfz06Kv4ZI
— Mikey (@Mikeythebrat) June 30, 2013
Excellent live cat trap. Uses the stupidity of all cats to catch them. http://t.co/stWCfxuDJJ
— Mikey (@Mikeythebrat) June 17, 2013
· Aflac Duck (@aflacduck): Aflac’s brand mascot’s Twitter feed is worth a follow for amusement’s sake alone.
This woman is the world’s best jump roper: http://t.co/gVizTa39PN. I could use a few pointers – maybe she’d join my physical therapy team?
— Aflac Duck (@aflacduck) June 27, 2013
· Rudy the Parrot (@RudyTheParrot): A singing, dancing avian extraordinaire.
THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT has moved me to share my jellybeans. DO NOT GET USED TO THIS. http://t.co/pzUNUXWa
— Rudy the Parrot (@RudyTheParrot) December 22, 2012
· Sockamillion (@sockington): Rescued on the streets of Boston by Jason Scott, Socks the cat tweets about his love of tuna, pillow attacks, and stale kibble.
CAT EARS AT EDGE OF BED cat ears gone CAT HEAD AT EDGE OF BED cat head gone PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE long pause TWIST ENDING ENTIRE CAT ON BED
— Sockamillion (@sockington) May 29, 2013
· Sullivan (@Sullyburger): Mascot of Cuteness.com.
Well, I got my hairdo but am too embarrassed to post it :
— Sullivan (@sullyburger) August 7, 2012
· Toaster (@ToasterPup): Digg founder Kevin Rose’s pup.
Haters gonna hate. Toasters gonna toast.
— Toaster (@ToasterPup) August 31, 2012
I have 3 enemies: pigeon, firework, and blimp.
— Toaster (@ToasterPup) July 4, 2012
· Smokey Bear (@smokey_bear): The wildfire warner’s 15,000 fans can count on him for fire safety tips and more.
— Smokey Bear (@smokey_bear) July 4, 2013
· Baxter Mitchell (@BaxterBlueEyes): Baxter’s family in Sarasota, Florida started this Twitter account and an accompanying website to find him when he was lost. Success, thanks to social media!
— Baxter Mitchell (@BaxterBlueEyes) July 11, 2013
· Stanley Pinkerton (@Mr_Pinkerton): Carolina Basset Hound living large in Sunset Cliffs, California as the mascot of Basset Hound Rescue.
Ok ok! Not embarrassed to admit it. I like cats. http://t.co/kvskozpxPo
— Stanley Pinkerton (@Mr_Pinkerton) July 9, 2013
· Energizer Bunny (@EnergizerBunny): The celebrity spokesbunny tweets mostly feel-good quotes and photos, with an eye towards promoting Energizer sales and contests.
— Energizer Bunny (@EnergizerBunny) July 8, 2013
Do you have any accounts to add to this list?
(Image via Shutterstock)
- Daily Beast Anoints Best Twitter Feeds Of 2013
- There's A Twitter Account For Everything, Including @TeaPuns
- @HonestToddler Voices The Inner Thoughts Of A Mischievous Child
- Controversial Question: What Should Be Done With This Twitter Account?