Glamour magazine spoke to Johnson and got some intriguing insights about what went down with Brown, and more.
First off, for a little background, check out the (NSFW) infamous Twitter exchange between Johnson and Brown right here.
And the Glamour article highlight reel:
• Summing up her reaction to Chris Brown’s rant against her: “Any type of abuse should never be tolerated. As a comedy writer, all I have are my words. Some people get me; some people don’t.”
• Johnson is bold, audacious – and not afraid to push buttons with her tweets. We like that in a modern lady. A few recent examples:
• What her husband, a conservative Texas oil exec, said to her when she was thinking of starting to write jokes on Twitter: “You are the grossest person I know. Go for it.”
• When Johnson tweets about her husband, she doesn’t use his name. But he’s still privy to her Twitter account – like when his boss reads a raunchy joke and it turns out its from one of her tweets.
• Want more Johnson? She’s working on a TV pilot based on her life with her husband and teen stepkids. Stay tuned.
As evidenced by the launch of our new Twitticisms series, we’re all about humor on Twitter – at least in good taste. And, at least when unprovoked by hot-tempered R&B singers, it seems that’s Johnson’s M.O. So we dig it.
Read the full interview here.
(Image from @JennyJohnsonHi5)
- Ellen's Oscar Selfie Is Now A Piece Of Art At Twitter HQ
- George Clooney: I Don't Tweet Because I Like To Have A Drink At Night
- Celebrities And Fans Pay Tribute To Uncle Phil On Twitter
- Justin Bieber Announces Retirement On Christmas Eve Via Twitter