We told you how to follow your favorite NCAA teams and NBA players on Twitter – did you take that advice? Have you been busy talking smack? Well, SOMEONE is.
According to this Infographic from Viralheat, there were 257,681 mentions online about just ONE game! Which one? Check it out.
If you are tweeting about or maybe just following the NCAA’s “socially sweet 16″ on Twitter, you’re in good company.
Viralheat shares some interesting stats around March Madness online activity, including:
- Univeristy of Miami is the most talked about school
- Michigan State is the least talked about school,
- The school with the most positive social media sentiment is Wichita State.
- And (the one we promised) the game with the most social media mentions was Universuty of North Carolina in its matchup against the University of Kansas.
Which teams will be in the Final Four? Well, if social media has any predictive qualities – it just may be those listed at the end of the Infographic! Or maybe they’ll just “win” online.
Do you agree with the predictions?
(Image from Shutterstock)
- Social Media Advertising: Myth Busted [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Who Owns Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 6 Steps to Measure Social Media ROI [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Good and the Bad of Social Media Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]