As social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn become an increasingly important part of all of our lives, the information that we choose to share on these channels becomes exponentially significant and ‘risky’, inasmuch as what and how often we choose to share the things we are doing with the rest of the world.
Barracuda Labs surveyed people from 21 countries about their social networking habits and attitudes towards online privacy and security.
- 92% cited security as the most important reason when choosing a social network
- 54.3% have experienced phishing on social networks
- 73% think that employees share too much online
- How To Use Social Media To Find The Personal Info Of Complete Strangers (And Really Freak Them Out)
- 5 Threats To Your Security When Using Social Media
- Hacker Leaks Details Of 15,000 Twitter Accounts; A Quick 3-Step Guide To Protect Your Account Right Now
- 9 Tips For Keeping Your Internet (And Social Media) Use Private [INFOGRAPHIC]