As social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn become an increasingly important part of all of our lives, the information that we choose to share on these channels becomes exponentially significant and ‘risky’, inasmuch as what and how often we choose to share the things we are doing with the rest of the world.
Barracuda Labs surveyed people from 21 countries about their social networking habits and attitudes towards online privacy and security.
- 92% cited security as the most important reason when choosing a social network
- 54.3% have experienced phishing on social networks
- 73% think that employees share too much online
- Syrian Electronic Army Strikes Again! Where's Batman When You Need Him?
- Bahrain Sends Six To Prison For A Year For 'Insulting' Tweets
- Saudi Government Seeking Workaround To Intercept Tweets
- People Are Live-Tweeting Everything, Including Births - Are There No Limits?