Ever wonder what people around you are tweeting? You probably don’t want to know actually – just like we didn’t.
But once you download this handy app, you’ll look alright – and you’ll find yourself checking back every now and then, if only to make sure you aren’t near any creepy people taking creepy photos.
Available for free on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Vizible is “the nearby photo app for Twitter that instantly gives you a bird’s eye view of what’s happening in your neighborhood.”
Find photos nearby by selecting a radius ranging from 1 mile to 100 miles away from your current location.
Co-Founder, Chauncey Regan says, “Unlike other nearby apps that track the whereabouts of friends and strangers, Vizible bridges the gap between our curiosity and our desire to maintain privacy.” By indicating only the general region in which a photo was shared, versus the precise location of an individual on a map, users can comfortably browse and share content.” And comfortably avoid places photographed if you don’t want to run into questionable folks.
Regan continues, “Vizible is an incredibly effective way to discover your neighborhood or entire city. Whether you’re interested in local events, news, or people, there’s always something of interest going on nearby.” And THAT is the true beauty of the app. You’ll certainly discover things you may not have seen otherwise and that’s pretty neat.
You can also tweet directly from the app, if you like:
It’s being called the “Location-Based, Picture-Only Twitter Client of Your Dreams” because it does all of this:
* Discover recent Twitter photos being shared around you
* Adjust your desired radius to see photos within various ranges
* Compose new Tweets with photos and location information
* Photo Tweets from your default account appear with a special border
* View user’s Twitter profiles
* Save images to your photo library
* Share images through email
* Retweet, reply to, or favorite photo Tweets
* Search in safe mode
* Switch easily between multiple Twitter accounts
* Report inappropriate content
And please note, you’ll see quite a few racy images even when safe mode is on – and if you turn safe mode off, I wouldn’t look at it during lunch.
And finally, when you log in, the app shares a message that “Instagram is resolving a glitch and tons of additional Instagram content should be available on Vizible by mid-April.” This could be a simple way to see images from BOTH Twitter and Instagram once it works. It will be an interesting addition to the app that may change the way you use either platform. Time will tell!
(Image from Vizible)
- Twitter Officially Shutters Its #Music App
- For Better Trending Topics, Try Current.ly
- CtrlTwit Lets You Control Apps Like Pocket, MeetUp, Instagram Through Your Tweets
- Twitter For Mac Now Features Expandable Timelines, Explorable Tweets, Slicker Design