There were many remembrances today of Senator Ted Kennedy. Here are just some from DC journos that caught our eye…
• “Meet the Press” executive producer Betsy Fischer shares a special interview Senator Kennedy did with Tim Russert on the 60th anniversary of NBC’s Sunday show, discussing his long history with the show and his first appearance at age 30.
• On “Nightline,” ABC’s congressional correspondent Jonathan Karl recounted his personal interaction with Senator Kennedy after Karl and his family survived a car accident: “The very first call I got from somebody was not part of my immediate family. It was a call from Ted Kennedy. And the minute that I heard that voice and — regardless of what he was saying, I remember smiling.” (h/t TVNewser)
- Reporters Without Borders Launches Tribute Page for James Foley
- @WhiteHouse Tweet on Passing of Robin Williams
- Former CBS News Political Editor Dotty Lynch has Died
- Former White House Press Secretary James Brady Dies at 73