• Conflicts between the White House and Fox News remained a topic of discussion on the Sunday shows this weekend. This is after White House communications director Anita Dunn appeared on CNN’s “Reliable Sources” last week and said of Fox, “Let’s not pretend they’re a news network…”
On “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” senior advisor David Axelrod said of Fox News, “It’s not really news. It’s pushing a point of view. The bigger thing is that, other news organizations, like yours, ought not treat them that way… We’re going to appear on their shows, we’re going to participate. But understanding that they represent a point of view.”
White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel appeared on CNN’s “State of the Union” with John King and said, “While it’s clear what the white house and what Anita said, the concentration of the white house isn’t about what Fox is doing.”
On FOX News Sunday former adviser to President Bush Karl Rove said, “This is a White House engaging in its own version of the media enemies list. And it’s unhelpful for the country and undignified for the president of the United States to so do.” (h/t TVNewser)
• In MTP’s “Take Two” on the web, White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett, Maria Shriver, John Podesta and David Gregory discuss the impact of Gloria Steinem– this convo ties into NBC’s reporting on “A Women’s Nation.” Shriver also addressed her recent apology for being caught talking on her phone while behind the wheel.
- 40 Year DC TV Veteran Arch Campbell to Leave WJLA
- President Obama: 'The world is shaped by people like Jim Foley'
- WATCH LIVE: President Obama to Deliver 12:45pm Statement
- New Uber SVP David Plouffe and Uber CEO Join Bloomberg TV's 'Street Smart'