What we almost missed today…
• Good Morning America’s weather anchor Sam Champion was in our neck of the woods today to celebrate Earth Day from Great Falls on the Potomac. He took a bit of a spill learning how to repel down a rock, but TVNewser reports everyone is ok. They also have the video.
• “Journalist Jake” gets called out by Fidel Castro in a column.
• ABC’s George Stephanopoulos is in Tehran to interview Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and gives us some insight on his blog today. Stephanopoulos also asked to see jailed journalist Roxana Saberi. He was not allowed, but he did visit Saberi’s parents, who told him she will begin a hunger strike tomorrow. The interview will air on Sunday’s This Week.
• We didn’t think Twitter was any cooler because Oprah was doing it, but if MoDo joins, that just may be another story…
- Awkward Interactions at Heritage Foundation's Launch of The Daily Signal
- Mice Close Washington Post Cafeteria
- Is Ed Henry the Reason for Mice Problem in White House Press Room?
- MoJo Smacks Down Examiner Writer 'Investigating' Michael Hastings' Death