For awhile now, people have suspected Lauer was the reason that Ann Curry was fired, and this piece does nothing but fan those flames. The Lauer hating is officially in overdrive. Below are just a few highlights:
- Lauer was the reason GMA was gaining on Today, not Curry. An independent study found that the public liked Curry more than Lauer. One anonymous source said Lauer was becoming Bryant Gumbel. Minus the hair, obviously.
- Lauer knew Curry was getting fired and despite probably being able to save her, he didn’t. Like New York explains, that doesn’t make him a “horrible person,” but it certainly won’t gain him any fans.
- Lauer doesn’t like Brian Stelter. This is a huge no-no in New York media. Everyone likes Stelter. What’s not to like? But Lauer “refused to give Stelter an interview, believing he was working hand in glove with Ben Sherwood to tear him down in the press.” Stelter denies this claim, but nevertheless, he’s referred to as Lauer’s “nemesis.” This automatically makes him our nemesis, so we’ll see you by the willow tree, Lauer. Three o’clock sharp. Be ready to rumble fancy news boy.
- FGI Night of Stars Honors Fashion's Protagonists, Including Oscar de la Renta
- Keanu Reeves Makes Ghostly Headlines
- Tom Bergeron Makes Up for Osama bin Laden Interruption
- Ed Asner Explains How He Changed Up Lou Grant