If you’re a brand and you want to restrict the age of people reading your tweets, you’ll be relieved to read this.
Buddy Media has partnered with Twitter to create an age screening feature – and it’s free.
This free service, unveiled by Buddy Media today, has been in the works for the past few months as a result of requests from brands.
Obviously, alcohol brands will find this offering intriguing, along with other industries with age-related requirements. But the service isn’t restricted to brands, it’s for any marketer who wants to screen the age of followers.
Here’s how it came about:
Over the past month, we have been beta-testing this solution with a small and select group of alcohol brands from several of the alcohol industry’s major holding companies, including Brown Forman’s Jack Daniels (@JackHoney), Jim Beam’s Skinny Girl (@SkinnygirlCKTLS), and MillerCoors’ Coors Light and Miller Lite (@CoorsLite and @MillerLite). Now, we are formally launching this solution and making it available to any marketer.
The Twitter and Buddy Media solution solves a challenge many marketers have faced in confirming their followers are of age to follow their brand. Until now, companies have had to develop their own custom, one-off “age-screening” solutions. The result has been a patchwork of solutions with different approaches, processes and levels of success.
And here’s how it works:
1. A user clicks to follow @brand.
3. The user visits age.twitter.com and enters their age; this information is not shared with the brand.
4. If the user meets the age threshold set by the brand, they will automatically follow the brand. If the user does not meet the age threshold the brand has set for their country, they will be unable to continue following the brand.
Users only need to go through this process once – it works for any brands using the service. That’s a really nice feature.
You can sign up here https://age.twitter.com/ to submit your brand for approval.
Will this offering be helpful for your brand? Do you plan to sign up?
(Adults Only image from Shutterstock)
- Twitter Ads Launch in 12 New Markets, Including Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Ukraine
- 5 Ways to #HitYourGoals With Twitter Advertising [INFOGRAPHIC]
- New From Twitter: Promoted Video
- How to Use Bitly to A/B Test Your Tweets