“Spirit for Twitter” enables Twitter users to schedule their own tweets to be deleted. Here’s how it works.
Using Spirit for Twitter – a simple signup that grants the app, per usual, permission to read and post to your account – you’d append a hashtag like #12m, #1h, or #4d, and your tweet will disappear after the specified timeframe (12 minutes, 1 hour, 4 days).
Legrain created the app, similar to predecessor Efemr, using Twitter’s API, although time will tell if the company allows him to continue.
Potential practical uses of the technology:
- Businesses can offer flash discounts to Twitter followers that automatically expire after a designated amount of time
- Meteorologists can prevent storm warnings from being retweeted once they’re no longer in place
- Users can tweet their presence at an event or in a city to gauge whether or not friends or followers are present, and then have the tweet removed when they’re no longer there
Would you ever want to schedule your own tweets to be deleted?
(Delete image via Shutterstock.)
- New "LeadSift Fingerprint" Tool Uncovers Detailed Insights About Any Twitter User
- Social CRM Platform Nimble Now Integrates Twitter Profiles And Tweets Into Your Inbox
- Tweetbot Gets An Update For iOS7
- Tellagence Community Laser-Targets Your Twitter Influencers