The trends are surprising.
PeekAnalytics tapped into millions of tweets in more than 1,000 cities to come up with the map.
Highlights of note:
· McDonald’s was the most-tweeted-about, followed by Wendy’s and Burger King.
· Surprisingly, In-N-Out Burger has just as many vocal devotees on the East Coast as on the West, despite having zero locations east of the Mississippi.
· Shake Shack has fans all the way over in Nebraska, 1,300 miles from the nearest location.
· In the month of June, there were 9 million tweets about burger chains.
Note that PeekAnalytics was only analyzing mentions, so it didn’t discriminate between positive and negative tweets. If someone tweeted negatively about Burger King, that tweet still contributed to Burger King’s popularity count in that city.
- Have You Been Naughty Or Nice? Social Santa Will Analyze Your Tweets And Find Out
- This Twitter-Powered Knitting Machine Is Making Sweaters For Designated Drivers
- A Brief History Of 7 Social Networks (And How They Used To Look) [PHOTOS]
- WATCH: Twitter Co-Founder Biz Stone's Short Film 'Evermore'