We all have things we need to get off our chest. Dark, dirty little secrets that we need to tell or be forever burdened.
The creators of TweetsByAnon.com want to help you relieve the pressure of keeping a secret, without any of the repercussions of telling all of your friends, family and coworkers about that embarrassing medical problem or closet Justin Bieber obsession.
The concept is simple: anyone can access the @TweetsByAnon Twitter account and send a tweet from it through the TweetsByAnon.com website. This account will be the one to send out your secret, so your identity remains anonymous.
To try it out for yourself, follow these steps:
- Visit the TweetsByAnon.com website .
- Click “Send Anonymous Tweet” in the top navigation bar.
- If you want to send the tweet to another Twitter user (like, say, the Biebs), enter their username in the first text box. Leave this blank if you just want to send the tweet out to the world.
- Enter that secret that is burning a hole in your chest in the second text box.
- Click “Submit”.
That’s all there is to it.
If you want to see proof that your secret has now been unburdened, you can visit the @TweetsByAnon account (watch out for some foul language when reading the tweets that others have sent):
With nearly 3,000 tweets and gaining momentum, there is obviously something very attractive about the idea of unburdening yourself of a secret while remaining anonymous. It feels good, and you don’t have to deal with any consequences.
Tweets by Anon lets people get rid of the weight of carrying around a secret or an unspoken confession, but frees them from having to tell this to someone they know. So if you’ve been itching to tell the world just how much you love your girlfriend or that you didn’t actually pass grade 12 calculus, now’s your chance.
- Latest.is Offers A Top 10 Of What’s Linked On Twitter At Any Moment
- Twitter For Mac Now Features Expandable Timelines, Explorable Tweets, Slicker Design
- 'Drunk Tweets' Art Takes Trashed Tweets To The Next Level
- Have You Been Naughty Or Nice? Social Santa Will Analyze Your Tweets And Find Out