Are you a Twitter addict? If you scoffed at this and said “no” immediately, think again: Twitter and Facebook are possibly more addictive than cigarettes and alcohol, so you might be more hooked on those 140-character text injections than you thought.
This infographic comes to us from ReuseThisBag.com, and uses figures from a recent study to explore how addictive Twitter and Facebook really are.
Some interesting (and possibly scary) stats:
- Of the 800+ million Facebook users, 31 percent of them check in more than once a day.
- Half of Twitter’s 100 million users log in at least once a day, and 20 percent log in more than once per day
- 50 percent of social media users say they check in to their favorite networks first thing in the morning
- 16 percent say they get their daily news from social networks.
And the infographic has a few questions that you can ask yourself, to see if you’re among the socially-addicted, such as whether you have ever tweeted from the toilet (ew!) and how many of your Facebook friends are strangers.
If you think you or a friend might have a Twitter problem, take a look at the infographic below… and seek help in the form of an internet detox (click to enlarge)
(Computer addiction image via Shutterstock)
- Social Media, Internet, SMS, Apps - Incredible Smartphone Stats, Facts & Figures [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Are You Getting Bored With Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media, Your Business And The Law [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media's Impact On Natural Disasters [INFOGRAPHIC]