Did you know that every 60 seconds Twitter sees (on average) more than 98,000 tweets? And that over 320 new users register on the network each and every minute?
Impressive as that data might seem, Twitter’s numbers are actually pretty slight compared to other internet powerhouses such as Google, Facebook and Skype. Want to blow your mind? Take a look at this fantastic infographic, courtesy of the web designers at Go-Globe.com, which summarises all the things that happen on the internet in just 60 seconds.
Want some highlights? Every minute on the internet:
- More than 168 million emails are sent
- 695,000 status updates and 510,040 comments are published on Facebook
- Google serves more that 694,445 search queries
- 370,000+ minutes of voice calls done by Skype users
- 20,000 new posts are published on Tumblr
- 13,000+ hours of music streaming flows from Pandora
- More than 13,000 iPhone apps are downloaded
- 6,600 images are published on Flickr
- 600 videos (about 25 hours of content) are uploaded to YouTube
Here’s your infographic (click to enlarge):
Absolutely incredible. And, I think you’ll agree, really quite humbling.
- New York Fashion Week on Twitter: More Than 1.2 Million Tweets About #NYFW
- Twitter: More Than 2.4 Million Tweets About #AppleLive (Peaking at 32,305 TPM)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- 81.9% of Social Shares Happen on Facebook (Twitter: 8.6%, Pinterest: 3%) [STUDY]