Is your online presence relevant to a real life job?
Yes: absolutely. In fact, it’s never been more important to ensure that your behaviour and attitude on all online portals is above-board and respectable, and this definitely includes social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
In a follow-up post to our article this morning, this infographic from Career Enlightenment asks and answers key questions about how social media is used for job searching and employment.
- A massive 70% of job recruiters have rejected candidates based on information found online
- 55% of companies plan to invest in social recruiting this year
- The top reasons for rejecting a candidate based on online information include concerns about their lifestyle, inappropriate comments, unsuitable photographs and video
The visual also offers tips on proactive ways you can improve your chances of being selected by potential employers.
(Source: Career Enlightenment.)
- Twitter Canada Is Officially Open For Business
- Dataminr Secures $30 Million For Its Twitter-Mining Data Technology
- Twitter Approves 11 More Certified Products, Bringing The Total To 33
- Amazon's Ad Business Outweighs Twitter's [STUDY]