Social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are playing an increasing role in the way we engage with the world around us, which has led to a change in the way we search for information online, including everything from property searches to finding jobs.
Recruitment website LondonLovesJobs.com looked at how Londoners are using these channels to find work.
- 43% of Londoners use social media to look for jobs – men are more likely than women
- 63% of major national job boards advertise on Twitter, including Monster.com, Reed.co.uk and JobsGuardian.co.uk
- Business leaders are especially likely to use LinkedIn to look for work (30%) – 25% of all Londoners look for jobs on LinkedIn, 18% across other social media platforms
- Londoners selected enjoyment (98%), salary (97%) and responsibility (95%) as the most important factors when looking for a job – just 56% chose job title
- While social media job searching is gaining traction, recruitment websites are still the preferred choice for jobseekers
- Is Social Media Bad For Your Health? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Power Of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 17 Eye-Opening Social Media Facts [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Selfie Retweeted Around The World [INFOGRAPHIC]