Facebook and Twitter will continue to battle it out online – and although Facebook is still solidly in the lead as the place where businesses find more consumer interaction, Twitter isn’t too shabby either.
Here’s some additional support to share with your company when you try to tell them why tweeting in the New Year is essential - and getting on Facebook (if you aren’t there yet), makes sense too, of course!
Spredfast looked at the social programs of over 150 large companies and come up with some interesting insights into how these programs are faring online:
- The average large company is now managing over 50 social accounts, via an average of nearly 30 social users
- The lion’s share of engagement is happening on Facebook (Facebook has 10x the engagement of Twitter) – but Twitter sees over 3x more company activity than Facebook
- Big companies’ average Facebook fan base is 10x larger than their Twitter follower base
- Companies are now seeing reach of close to 50M social impressions per quarter
Need more info? Well, here’s an Infographic that should help:
(Facebook and Twitter image from Shutterstock)
- Walmart Dominates Social Media #BackToSchool Chatter [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Is Your Business Ready for Social Media? (Use This Decision Tree to Find Out!)
- Cross-Channel Commerce: Mobile, Social and the Internet of Things [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Blogs, Social Media, Video, SEO, Apps - 10 Years of Digital Storytelling [INFOGRAPHIC]