Is your business ready for social media?
Maybe. Maybe not. It certainly sounds like a simple enough question, but have you thought about everything that needs to be in place, and everything that you must be prepared to do, to ensure your social campaigns are successful?
Not sure? Here’s a few social media truisms that many brands simply don’t want to hear.
1. Social media success takes time. Don’t expect overnight success. While customers increasingly expecting an almost instantaneous response to their enquiries, generating a worthwhile return on investment (ROI) requires considerable effort and patience.
2. Social media success takes resources. Do you have someone with several hours of quality time per week available to dedicate to your social strategy?
3. Social media success takes you out of your comfort zone. Are you prepared to share other people’s content in your social channels – even that of your competitors? Are you will to engage with other people and open conversations? Do you create original content that other people will want to share? Are you able to handle and respond to public criticism and customer complaints?
To find out if your business is ready for social media – or whether your existing strategy could use a little refresher – check the decision tree below, which comes courtesy of Wrike.
- Holiday Shopping Goes Social (But Not so Much on #Twitter) [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Your New Social Media Strategy: Attract, Engage, Convert & Monitor [INFOGRAPHIC]
- What we Learned About Social Media in 2014 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How Accurate Were 2014’s Social Marketing Predictions? [INFOGRAPHIC]