Not the most useful of error messages, is it?
Three things I’m curious about:
- Do the Twitter engineers automatically get sent a report each and every time this page appears?
- Does it go into detail as to why it happened, or just say it happened?
- If not (and even so), why is there no ‘report this error’ button?
Most of the time, this error can be ‘fixed’ with a simple refresh. But not always, and you’d be amazed how often default pages like this are used as a catch-all for a myriad of serious faults on major websites.
The dreaded fail whale is increasingly a thing of the past, but I see one of these error pages at least once a day. I really hope somebody important is paying attention and this isn’t all just lip service.
- How To Know Immediately The Next Time Twitter Is Down
- When Apps Go Bad: Another Reason Not To Allow Any Old App Access To Your Twitter
- Another Twitter Bug Suspected As Gruesome Picture Plagues Timelines
- Is Something Technically Wrong With Twitter Today?