New to social media? It’s a pretty steep learning curve, with the different social platforms, and the business of social media itself, chock full of buzzwords, features and norms.
Even something as relatively simple as deciding which social network is the right one for you – and your brand – can be tricky. This visual from StartupWorks provides a quick snapshot of key social platform data (through Q4 2013 *), including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, which might help you to decide which channels are going to work for you.
* Through Q1 2014, Twitter has 241 million active users, and LinkedIn recently passed 300 million.
- Twitter's Next Milestone: 300 Million Active Users Before 2015 [CHART]
- Twitter Diversity Statistics: 70% Male Globally, 59% White, 29% Asian in U.S. [REPORT]
- Millionaires Love Facebook, Ignore Twitter
- Facebook: 23% of all Social Traffic in June (Pinterest Dips, Twitter Flat at 1%) [STATS]