Last September we took a close look at the profiles on Twitter who followed the largest number of users. Lots of attention on the network is given to individuals and brands with the most followers, but what about t’other way around?
Drum roll please. The account that follows the most users on Twitter is… @HootSuite.
Yep, that HootSuite. The all-conquering Twitter and social media deck (and AllTwitter favourite), which recently picked up a $20 million investment and has turned down buyout offers as high as $100 million.
@HootSuite has only recently grabbed the number one most-following spot from Yoko, moving ahead on May 1, and currently enjoys a “lead” of just over 1,000 follows.
President Obama, who for so long was the most proactive follower on Twitter, is now a distant third.
At the time of writing, the 10 profiles following the most users on Twitter are:
- HootSuite (@hootsuite, 786,488 following)
- Yoko Ono (@yokoono, 785,370)
- Barack Obama (@barackobama, 678,451)
- Threadless (@threadless, 660,222)
- Whole Foods Market (@wholefoods, 559,493)
- Duane Patterson (@radioblogger, 528,682)
- Lonely Planet (@lonelyplanet, 527,712)
- Jean-Sebastien J. (@Wakooz_RSS, 471,552)
- Antonio J Campos (@ajcampos01, 427,377)
- Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 416,033)
(Follow button image via Shutterstock.)
- Kim DotCom Claims Twitter Infringed On Patent, But Will Accept 'Blue Tick' As Payment
- If You Hit And Run, You Probably Shouldn't Tweet They Deserved It
- Twitter And Yahoo: Friends Or Foes?
- Couple Suing Twitter To Have Handle Returned To Them