Last September we took a close look at the profiles on Twitter who followed the largest number of users. Lots of attention on the network is given to individuals and brands with the most followers, but what about t’other way around?
Drum roll please. The account that follows the most users on Twitter is… @HootSuite.
Yep, that HootSuite. The all-conquering Twitter and social media deck (and AllTwitter favourite), which recently picked up a $20 million investment and has turned down buyout offers as high as $100 million.
@HootSuite has only recently grabbed the number one most-following spot from Yoko, moving ahead on May 1, and currently enjoys a “lead” of just over 1,000 follows.
President Obama, who for so long was the most proactive follower on Twitter, is now a distant third.
At the time of writing, the 10 profiles following the most users on Twitter are:
- HootSuite (@hootsuite, 786,488 following)
- Yoko Ono (@yokoono, 785,370)
- Barack Obama (@barackobama, 678,451)
- Threadless (@threadless, 660,222)
- Whole Foods Market (@wholefoods, 559,493)
- Duane Patterson (@radioblogger, 528,682)
- Lonely Planet (@lonelyplanet, 527,712)
- Jean-Sebastien J. (@Wakooz_RSS, 471,552)
- Antonio J Campos (@ajcampos01, 427,377)
- Britney Spears (@britneyspears, 416,033)
(Follow button image via Shutterstock.)
- Saudi Arabia Man Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison, 450 Lashes for Twitter 'Homosexual Contacts'
- Changes Are Coming To Twitter's Direct Messages
- Progressive Legal Group Looks At One State's Attempt To Prevent Foreclosures
- Activist Groups Petition Twitter to Reveal Its Workplace Diversity