Howard Kurtz, the Daily Beast‘s Washington bureau chief and host of CNN’s “Reliable Sources” may be the worst offender in D.C. when it comes to promoting his own show and the flattering comments he gets on Twitter. He seems to have gotten into a four-tweet routine, two pre-show and two post-show. Observe.
- “Lara Logan assault & the code of silence on Reliable Sources at 11et, with Donatella Lorch, Judith Matloff & Salon’s Mary Elizabeth Williams“
- “We’ll also talk budget, Wisconsin & political coverage on Reliable Sources, with Christina Bellantoni, Michael Medved & John Aravosis“
- “A heartfelt segment on Lara Logan & female journalists, w/ Donatella Lorch, Judith Matloff, Mary Elizabeth Williams http://thebea.st/erdX5I”
- “On Reliable Sources, Michael Medved takes on Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin for their anti-Obama rhetoric. http://thebea.st/eRANAk”
Last weekend (we especially like the repetition with the Gawker story here):
- “Kara Swisher, Felix Salmon, Mark Potts on Reliable Sources at 11et on AOL/Arianna; plus Rachel Sklar, Matt Lewis and hard look at Egypt cove.”
- “Also on Reliable Sources today: Gawker‘s Maureen O’Connor, whose shirtless-photos story brought down a congressman.”
- “My CNN interview with Gawker‘s Maureen O’Connor, whose shirtless-photo story brought down a congressman. http://thebea.st/h5FOSn”
- “What does Arianna bring to AOL, and will the deal change HuffPost? Video w/ Kara Swisher, Felix Salmon & Mark Potts. http://thebea.st/ha43jC”
Be on the lookout for Kurtz’s next four-part Twitter series, coming your way this (and likely every) Sunday morning. In the meantime, we’d like to see him in a pimp styled shoe like the one on display above.
See complimentary tweets regarding his hair and show…