A few Revolving Door notes for you this early afternoon, involving The New Republic and The Atlantic. Details are below.
- TNR has promoted Amanda Silverman to deputy editor and Linda Kinstler to managing editor. The magazine has also hired Rebecca Leber as a staff writer. Silverman was most recently TNR’s managing editor. Kinstler most recently served as a reporter-researcher. Leber comes to TNR from ThinkProgress.
- The Atlantic has named Sophie Gilbert senior editor of The Atlantic Weekly, an iPhone app from the magazine. She most recently served as an arts editor for the Washingtonian. Denise Kersten Wills is also joining as senior editor of the glossy. Kersten Wills comes to The Atlantic from Politico.
- Joanna Coles Named Editorial Director of Seventeen
- NY Times Promotes One, Reuters Adds One
- Richard Tomko Named amNewYork Publisher
- Hearst Magazines Makes Business Leadership Changes