William Hearst III has been named the new chairman of Hearst Corporation. Hearst has been a director of the company for over 30 years and is a trustee of the Hearst Family Trust. Hearst succeeds the late George Hearst Jr. as chairman.
“Will has been involved in the activities of Hearst Corporation for decades,” said Frank Bennack, CEO of Hearst, in a statement. “He is a respected media leader, having honed his skills as a newspaper publisher, magazine editor and cable executive. His support and vision as chairman will be invaluable to Hearst moving forward.”
In related company news, the following were named to the board of directors:
- Mark Aldam, president of Hearst Newspapers
- Eve Burton, senior vice president and general counsel of Hearst Corporation
- Mitchell Scherzer, senior vice president and CFO of Hearst Corporation
- Samia Staehle, an attorney and great-granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst
- Christian Tarafa, former longtime executive at Hearst Magazines UK and great-grandson of William Randolph Hearst.
- More Layoffs and Hires at Self
- Quartz, NY Observer Add to Teams
- Derl McCrudden Promoted to Head of AP's International Video News
- Josh Topolsky Joins Bloomberg