Those good people at the Pew Research Centre recently updated their annual look at who is using social media, discovering that 16 percent of U.S. internet users are now active on Twitter, with the social micro-blogging network continuing to be popular with black and hispanic users, adults aged 18-29 and folks who live in urban areas.
But what about some of the other major social platforms? Aside from Twitter, who exactly is using Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr?
The infographic below (courtesy of Adweek) takes Pew’s data and represents it all in a pleasing visual form, including these key takeaways:
- City dwellers are significantly more likely than rural residents to be on Twitter
- Women are five times as likely as men to use Pinterest
- Blacks and Hispanics are more likely than whites to use Instagram
- Twitter Average Ad Rates Declined By 18% In Q4 2013, Down 81% Since Q1 2012 [STATS]
- Tweets About The Oscars Were Seen 3.3 Billion Times Worldwide [STATS]
- The 10 Most Popular People On Twitter [STATS]
- The Oscars Gobbles Up The Walking Dead In Top 10 Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings [CHART]