Some of the more controversial comments from his post, “The Troops Also Need to Support the American People.”
- These soldiers should be grateful that the American public, which by all polls overwhelmingly disapproves of the Iraq war and the President’s handling of it, do still offer their support to them, and their respect.
- Through every Abu Ghraib and Haditha, through every rape and murder, the American public has indulged those in uniform, accepting that the incidents were the product of bad apples or even of some administration or command order.
- So, we pay the soldiers a decent wage, take care of their families, provide them with housing and medical care and vast social support systems and ship obscene amenities into the war zone for them, we support them in every possible way, and their attitude is that we should in addition roll over and play dead, defer to the military and the generals and let them fight their war, and give up our rights and responsibilities to speak up because they are above society?
- But it is the United States and instead this NBC report is just an ugly reminder of the price we pay for a mercenary – oops sorry, volunteer – force that thinks it is doing the dirty work.
What do you all think?
- 'Bromancing' Senators Cory Booker and Rand Paul Draw Laughs at Playbook Cocktails
- CQ Roll Call Launches Healthopolis to Cover Health News in Congress and Fed Agencies
- Glenn Greenwald and Murtaza Hussain to Join HuffPost Live at Noon
- Glenn Beck Says Press to 'Take Out Their Anger' on Hillary Clinton