Noticeably absent from today’s Washington Examiner is Paul Bedard‘s Washington Secret’s column. Where could he have gone? We checked his Twitter profile for a clue–nothing. Bedard hasn’t tweeted since Friday.
We started to worry that Bedard, lover of doughnuts, may have had a bad experience with Krispy Kreme. For all we know he could have passed out on a public toilet in Chinatown and needs our help. So we emailed him. Still nothing. Fortunately, the Examiner‘s Executive Editor Stephen Smith got back to us and told us Bedard is on vacation.
Bedard’s specific whereabouts are still unknown, however. So we started to wonder: Where would a man who writes on secrets head for a vacation? Our best guesses:
- To sift through Mitt Romney‘s tax returns
- To search President Obama‘s college transcripts.
- On a mission to discover conservative columnist George Will‘s real hair color.
- Fox News HQ in New York just to hang out.
Next mystery: Where is Joe Scarborough‘s Politico blog?
Using a high-res magnifying glass, we were able to locate it on Politico‘s homepage. When the blog was launched at the start of the year it was prominently placed with its own caricature of Scarborough and link under the rest of the Politico blogs. It has since been reduced to a small link underneath the “Opinion” header, simply marked “blog.” And it hasn’t been updated in more than a month.
FBDC reported in early June that Scarborough’s blog was losing steam. An NBC publicist assured us he was posting “frequently” though never intended on posting daily. How about monthly?
We reached out again to MSNBC and Politico on the matter.
- The Bachelor DC: Season 2
- Sasha Issenberg to Join Bloomberg Politics
- NBC Denies $500k Bonus Rumors for Luke Russert Joining 'MTP' as Regular Panelist
- It's Near 'Closing Time' for David Gregory as Host of 'Meet the Press'