Ok, we’re kidding about Robert Gibbs playing this year’s MC Rove, but we have learned of a few more legitimate details to share with you about tomorrow evening’s RTCA dinner…
• CBS News is hosting a pre-party on the second floor of the convention center. There will be a live band and expected CBS guests include RNC Chairman Michael Steele, WH Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton and Rep. Chris Van Hollen, also CBS-ers Lara Logan, Chip Reid and Nancy Cordes, among others.
• Those sitting at the dinner’s head table include President Obama and his Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, Congressional leaders Steny Hoyer, James Clyburn and Louise Slaughter. RTCA dinner chair Heather Dahl will emcee the night and there are, of course, two awards given at this dinner- the David Bloom and Joan Barone Awards.
• If you were lucky enough to score an “absolutely non-transferable” invitation to Phil Griffin‘s MSNBC after-party at the Historical Society of Washington, you might also be lucky enough to get served a drink by guest bartender Rachel Maddow. We hear she’ll be mixing drinks at a special upstairs bar. You can also get a preview of her bartending skills after the jump.
• And just who’s on the guest list for this exclusive after-party? We hear David Axelrod, Valerie Jarrett, Sen. Susan Collins, Eric Holder, Larry Summers, Rep. Aaron Schock and Ken Salazar- all guests of NBC and MSNBC- may make appearances post-dinner.
And NBC and MSNBC-ers Steve Capus, Mark Whitaker, Contessa Brewer, Mika Brzezinski, Savannah Guthrie, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Chris Matthews, Andrea Mitchell, Luke Russert, Joe Scarborough, Ed Schultz, Carlos Watson, Chuck Todd and more.
• While we’re sure NBC snagged plenty of tables for that guest list above, a few other shops in town have really cut back. Tammy Haddad‘s blog White House Correspondents Weekend Insider reports PBS is down to two tables (from 15 in years past) and ABC News just one. PBS was still able to land Gen. Jim Jones as a guest- he’ll be sitting with Judy Woodruff and PBS President CEO Paula Kerger. George Stephanopoulos can’t make it so Jonathan Karl will hold court at RTCA for ABC.
• Didn’t score a ticket, but dying to hear what jokes the other guy from the Mac commercials cracks? Don’t worry- C-SPAN will have live coverage.
A preview of Rachel Maddow‘s skils behind the bar… WebNewser caught the Diggnation team stopping by MSNBC’s Digital Cafe to tape an episode of their popular web show. Maddow served up some “breakfast cocktails” while the hosts talked Xbox and more:
- Friday Morning Splash
- TNT's Final 'Christmas in Washington' Special Tomorrow
- Thursday Morning Splash
- Wednesday Morning Splash