It’s a safe bet that former Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) is on his best behavior this week as he helps his cousin, Christopher Kennedy Lawford, on his book tour for the newly published Recover to Live: Kick Any Habit, Manage Any Addiction.
Wow. Any habit or addiction?
Both men are well-known for being recovering addicts. Tonight the duo is at a Barnes & Noble on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Later in the month, Lawford is scheduled to swing by some book shops in beachy Florida towns like Vero Beach and West Palm. On Jan. 16, the pair will appear together again at Harvard with a physician from the university’s medical school. On January 18, Kennedy and Lawford will appear at Washington, D.C.’s Politics & Prose at 7 p.m. for a talk followed by at Q & A discussion. On the 19th Lawford will be at the Barnes & Noble in Bethesda at noon.
Noteworthy: MSNBC “Hardball” host Chris Matthews, who has something of an interrupting problem, has a quote on Lawford’s website promoting the book…“The best way to read Christopher Lawford’s books are with a highlighter. Best of all, each tome offers hope; Chris Lawford knows about recovery because he’s living it.”
– Chris Matthews, Author “Jack Kennedy: Elusive Hero,” Anchor MSNBC’s “Hardball”
- CQ Roll Call and Crowdpac Announce Congressional Power Rankings
- WATCH LIVE at 1pm: Leon Panetta on Worthy Fights with GW's Frank Sesno
- Implications of Midterm Elections Explored at CQ Roll Call Election Impact Conference
- Adaption of Garrett Graff's Forthcoming Raven Rock May Soon Join NBC Programming