“The Sound of Music” is alive and well and blaring in my head. It’s getting relentless: “Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings. These are a few of my favorite things.”
The song invasion began just moments ago when we received this Politico news alert of an Amie Parnes story with the headline: Michelle Obama’s favorite things. FLOTUS revealed her “secrets” (wink wink) to a few hundred kids who took the day off school for this.
Does life get any better than this?
So what did we learn?
1. FLOTUS likes lavender.
2. FLOTUS likes tennis.
3. FLOTUS prefers wearing florals when she wants to feel pretty. (Torture quote: “It’s pretty and I felt like being pretty today.”)
Parnes-o-Meter Scoreboard: 10 kisses
Whiskers on kittens and … and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper…
- POLITICO Names 2 Promotions to Executive Leadership Team, Hints at More Expansion
- Arianna Huffington to Staff: 'In August we reached 115 million global unique visitors'
- HuffPost's Ferguson Fellowship $40k Crowd-Funding Goal Met
- Think Progress' Hayes Brown to Join BuzzFeed as a Foreign News Editor