For your weekend reading pleasure, we’ve collected the ten most popular publishing stories of the week–ranging from website book deals to Occupy Wall Street protests (pictured) to Haruki Murakami writing tips.
Click here to sign up for GalleyCat’s daily email newsletter, getting all our publishing stories, book deal news, videos, podcasts, interviews, and writing advice in one place.
1. How to Write Like Haruki Murakami
2. Stop Abusing the Word ‘Literally’
3. ‘One for the Money’ Trailer Released
4. Change Your Boring Workout into a Zombie Story
5. From Website to Book Deal
6.Writers Guild East Joins Occupy Wall Street March
7. How Should Publishers Respond to eBook Errors?
8. East Village Books Store Owner Nabs NYPL Book Thief
9. Voice Recognition Tools for Writers
10. Tomas Transtromer Wins Nobel Prize for Literature
- High School Reading 1907-2012 & Public Domain Book Covers: Top Stories of the Week
- Amazon Fan Fiction & Nobel Prize Candidates: Top Stories of the Week
- Our Tsundoku Problem & Viral Book-Shop Sign: Top Stories of the Week
- Haruki Murakami & The Great Gatsby: Top Stories of the Week