You will learn how to build apps within budget, maximize discoverability, and monetize content across all publishing platforms. The conference program features magazine, book publishing, and app development experts and leaders who will draw a comprehensive roadmap of the publishing app world.
View full program here. You’ll hear from Lyle Underkoffler (VP of digital media, Disney Publishing Worldwide), Jeanniey Mullen (global executive VP and CMO, Zinio), Craig Ettinger (general manager, Time.com), Adam Schneider (manager of business development, Microsoft TAG), and more.
Session topics include:
- A practical, hands-on tutorial on building a publishing app from scratch.
- How to monetize your app and set up subscriber payment systems.
- Impact of Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet and the ramifications of Amazon’s new role as a book publisher.
- How to maximize discoverability & profitability in book app marketplaces.
- App update management, negotiating royalties, and keeping contact with readers.
- Building a successful marketing campaign using apps
- Greenlight Bookstore & Peck's Specialty Food Launch the Book/Plate Event Series
- Scott Campbell, Peter Mehlman, & Sally Wolfe Get Booked
- PEN American Center Kicks Off Fall Event Series
- Usher to Host Scholastic Event That Promotes Reading