The Beijing Book Fair – the world’s fourth-largest after Frankfurt, London and BEA – just wrapped up yesterday and here are some notable highlights:
- Penguin gets big money for Victoria Beckham‘s new style book from a Chinese publisher.[The Bookseller]
- HarperCollins will distribute a travel guide published by China’s military just in time for the 2008 Olympics. [Forbes]
- Macmillan hooks up with Chinese publisher FLTRP (Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press) for Chinese course guides. [The Bookseller]
- Katherine Rushton (from whom we swiped the above photograph) blogs about the BIBF experience.
- Germany was the guest of honor at BIBF. [CCTV]
- An Indian perspective on BIBF. [Times of India]
- Toby Eady: still the go-to agent for Chinese literature. [China.org.cn]