The website FreakTorrent revisited their annual list of the most pirated digital books today.
Surprisingly, Stephenie Meyer‘s Twilight Saga only came in at number seven, topped by a Photoshop book and the self-help title, “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Amazing Sex.” The site reported that the most popular books were downloaded between 100,000 and 250,000 times. The complete list follows after the jump.
Over at TeleRead, Paul Biba took the list as an opportunity to chastise publishers for their eBook policies. Here’s a quote: “Simon & Schuster shot itself in the foot by not publishing an ebook of Stephen King‘s Under the Dome, as it was almost immediately available on the net within days. How many sales did they loose by delaying ebook release? Note that Rowling and King are among the top 25 most pirated books. All those sales lost, lost lost because publishers don’t understand the ebook space.”
2. Adobe Photoshop Secrets
3. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Amazing Sex
4. The Lost Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci
5. Solar House–A Guide for the Solar Designer
6. Before Pornography–Erotic Writing In Early Modern England
7. Twilight–Complete Series
8. How To Get Anyone To Say YES–The Science Of Influence
9. Nude Photography–The Art And The Craft
10. Fix It–How To Do All Those Little Repair Jobs Around The Home