Stories about YA authors fighting school bullying and our Best Book Publicists on Twitter list topped our publishing headlines in April 2010.
Instead of doing our traditional year-in-review post, we’ve decided to collect the ten most popular stories on GalleyCat each month–sharing the stories that mattered most to our readers. Looking back at these headlines, we can see the hopes, fears, and distractions that obsessed the publishing industry in 2010. Follow this link to see the rest of the year unfold.
1. Ethicist Randy Cohen Angers Readers with Piracy Stance
2. J.K. Rowling Promises New Book “In the Not-Too-Distant Future”
3. Writers Making a Living Off of Kindle?
4. Norman Mailer’s Widow Advises Sandra Bullock and Elin Nordegren
5. Malcolm Gladwell, William P. Young, & Dan Brown Top “Most Highlighted Passages of All Time” List on Amazon Kindle
6. Best Book Publicity and Marketing Twitter Feeds
7. Amazon Includes Disclaimer on eBooks Priced by Agency Model
8. Amazon Kindle Users Test Drive the iPad
9. Vampire Lit Gets Its Scholarly Due
10. Following Phoebe Prince Suicide YA Authors Unite to Combat Bullying