So many things are happening at Foursquare. On Foursquare Day, April 16, the company announced that it had reached 20 million users and two billion check-ins. Since then there have been plenty of developments:
- The company has introduced an instant verification system that’s online and only $10.
- There are plans for an ad platform that will launch next month. Foursquare is seeking brands to partner with.
- Tristan Walker, the VP of business development, is leaving for Andreessen Horowitz as an “Entrepreneur in Residence.” He made the announcement on his blog. Foursquare co-founder Naveen Selvadurai announced in March that he would remain on the company board, but was otherwise stepping down from the company.
- Foursquare has partnered with OpenTable. Now, when you find a place on Foursquare, you can go ahead and make a reservation too.
Consider yourself updated.
- The 5 Categories of Digital Friends for PR Professionals
- Facebook Hired a Team to Remind the World That It Is Run by Humans
- Ugly Sweaters for a Good Cause: Brands Celebrate UK's 'Christmas Jumper Day'
- Rolling Stone Revises Apology as Backlash Against its Handling of Rape Story Grows